Tuesday, June 14, 2011
ONE LAST LONG WEEKEND.
It is our Monday here today, due to a long weekend-- our very last long weekend for the year (sad face!). I spent most of the time trying to get better and I think, today, I'm finally starting to get there, thank goodness. So even though it was a low-key long weekend, it was still lovely just the same. Some of my favourite long weekend loves:
• driving way out into the suburbs one night for a zarraffas coffee (due to our local one closing down), and discovering a yummy new burger place right next door to them as well! Yay!
• warm nights in, when it's cold and rainy outside
• Patrick's home-cooked breakfast: pancakes with fried banana, bacon and maple syrup... SO GOOD
• end of financial year sales at pretty much every single store around (actually that is probably a bad thing.... eeeep!)
• freshly laundered bed sheets
• super duper cool new glasses (ie. the prescription kind that help you to see) to replace my old frames-- I pick them up in a week and a half, yipee :)